Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back from a break

After a glorious week of vacation in sunny Mexico, it's back to reality and some focused training.
Mexico was a blast! Nicholas, Nicole, Francesca and her fried Jacqui came with us and made for a very special holiday. I hope we can make this an annual event.
Didn't do too much running, which has left me feeling very refreshed and eager to get back at it.
The first week back I have logged just over 8 hours which is a fairly decent total post vacation. However, I need to get some plan together so that I can start developing a better training schedule. Right now I am just making sure I get at least 3 swims, 5 runs and 2 bike rides in during the week.
The swimming has been fine, although I felt a little awkward in the water this week. For whatever reason, I just felt unbalanced and sloppy. However, by the time Friday's swim rolled around, I had most of it worked out.
I don't know if I have gotten soft or what, but I sure don't like running in the cold anymore. Having said that, I did get out yesterday for a 10 miler and although the conditions weren't great, I still enjoyed it.
So today calls for a longer bike ride so I will have to get my sorry butt downstairs and onto the trainer. I think I need some new spinerval DVDs since I am getting bored with the ones I have. They sure do help pass the time and more importantly really do help your cycling strength and technique. So one more cup of coffee and off I go!
Have a great week and happy training!

1 comment:

Becky H said...

Ohh, Mexico was probably lovely, a nice break from the long winter. 10 days until we leave for Hawaii, I'm really looking forward to my own break! I've been exceptionally sneaky about avoiding my own basement trainer rides this winter, it's just so hard to make that fun! The DVDs do help though. Happy training!