Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Prolonged Case of Writer's Block

I have really struggled over the last few months to blog with any consistency. Trying to find something interesting to talk about is the single largest reason for lack of production. Perhaps I just have to face the fact that my life is terribly boring! But I don’t believe that to be the case so I am going to try some different techniques to keep some ideas on hand to be able to cobble something together.
Despite my best efforts I have only one event on my schedule and that is the Banff to Jasper Relay next weekend. This team event is segmented into two phases, a north and south grouping. Between the two sections there is a total of 15 legs, which covers 259 kilometres. I am doing it with a group of co-workers and it should be a lot of fun. I have drawn the “Big Bend” leg which climbs 1,300 plus feet over 15.7 kilometres to the Columbia Ice Fields. It will be a challenge but one I am looking forward to.
As far as training goes, I continue to build with no particular event in mind. I am considering the Vineman as that is about the perfect time for where I currently am in my cycle. Right now my weekly hours are at just over 11 which is getting to that mid-cycle point. I was having some struggles with the running but as of late I seem to have overcome whatever was affecting my speed and endurance.
So here is to hopefully having overcome this latest case of writer's block.
Happy training!

No comments: