Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sylvan it is!

Well I finally made a commitment and put my money down for the Sylvan Lake Half Iron Man. I haven't left myself a lot of time to fret about preparations as it is this Sunday, July 24th. I'm not feeling terribly excited about it right now as I have not quite felt myself in recent weeks, but I'm sure I will pull it together by the weekend. Sylvan Lake is about 4 hours from Hinton and is a resort town of sorts. The lake is about a good a lake as you will find in Alberta as there just aren't that many lakes. The swim should be alright as I have been doing okay there. I am not that worried about the bike. However, lately I have not felt the running endurance I normally have. I'm not sure if it is a function of the weather or what, but I just find myself tiring easily on the run. Well we will see what the weekend holds and I will report back next week!

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

Sure, why not just do a 1/2 Ironman at the drop of the hat?! I'm hoping your nagging tiredness is just that. Good luck on my birthday!