Sunday, March 21, 2010

What can I say?

The lack of blogging has been for no particular reason other than I really don't have much to say. I can hardly imagine that anyone is particularly interested in reading about my mundane training regime. Anyone who reads this knows that I generally fly by the seat of my pants, inventing my training program as I go, but the pattern is pretty predictable. Monday, Wednesday, Friday - swim at lunch, Tuesday, Thursday - run at lunch. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - run in the evenings. Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - bike in the evenings. That's the formula with very little deviation.
So what have I been up to the last month or so? Well on the training front, just see above. Progression is going well and I can gear up at anytime to do a marathon or at least a half iron man with a month's notice. Iron man will take at least two months but overall my fitness level is quite solid.
On the personal front, I have been busy at work preparing for a number of labour arbitrations and also getting our applications in for government granting for some major projects. Both very interesting and time consuming.
Last week we took a quick 5 day trip to Palm Springs. It was wonderful! The weather was perfect and it was a very relaxing couple of days. Now I am invigorated to get hard at the training and pick some races!
Have a great week!

No comments: