Sunday, March 15, 2009

It was inevitable!

With all the coughing, sneezing, and runny noses around our office it was only a matter of time before I would catch a cold. And sure enough I did! By Wednesday of this week I was a sniffling mess with a red nose and bleary eyes. Usually I am pretty lucky and manage to avoid catching colds, but this time it was not to be. But after a few days rest I seem to be back to normal today. I managed to run 8.5 miles today in 62 minutes so I think I am on the mend.
Prior to catching the cold I was doing quite well with couple of runs a bike ride and a swim under my belt by Tuesday, but that was it until Saturday when I managed to run an easy 5 miler.
But I am feeling good now so I should be able to pick up pretty close to where I left off. With 14 weeks to go until Ironman Coeur d'Alene I am starting to get to the real meat of the training. The weather should be improving as well so I can start getting some riding done on the roads. That will be a welcome change from the trainer which can often be a challenge to get through the longer rides on.
Have a great week!

No comments: