Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Month to Go

Coeur d'Alene is exactly one month away. Hard to believe but it is true. For some reason it has just seemed to sneak up as I busied myself with other things. But now it is staring me in the face and the inevitable doubting begins. Have I done enough? Did I do the right things? What about the bike? All good questions but if I don't have the right answer it really doesn't matter. Bottom line is right now I feel excellent. My training as far as consistency has been good and right now I am as strong as I have ever been. As with my last two IM's the biggest issue I will have is with the bike. I have done a lot of cycling, just not as many long rides and essentially none outside. But last year it was the same story for IM Arizona, and I rode quite well given the conditions.
So with less than a month to go, I will try and get a few good rides in and just try and stay healthy. All else being equal I think I can have a decent race in Coeur d'Alene and I am looking forward to it. It will be a bit anti-climatic after the wedding which happens in a week.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

Time flies. Do you do a long taper? All the best that everything goes well for the wedding.