Monday, July 6, 2009

Sylvan Lake Training

Over the last week or so I have been building back up in preparation for the Sylvan Lake 1/2 Ironman on July 26th. This is got to be one of my favourite events as it is just a nice size, usually no more than 400 participants. The lake is quite nice and usually the weather has co-operated.
I haven't really thought about any race specific goals, but I do think I would really like to put in a good performance on the bike. Coeur d'Alene really inspired me as far as I felt like it was a real breakthrough cycling wise. Sylvan Lake will be an opportunity to explore that a little further and see how much an impact pushing the bike harder will have on my run. Obviously there is going to be a break point there between riding harder and still having something left in the legs for the run. However, I haven't even gotten close as I am certain I can ride harder and run harder. It is all a matter of training!
This weekend we took a trip to Radium Hot Springs. It was beautiful and extremely relaxing. And while I was there I found out that they have both a triathlon and a marathon coming up in the next few weeks. Might be worth checking out!
It looks like this week I will be doing some workouts indoors as the weather is going to be lousy. That's okay though as I honestly don't mind it. Always a good opportunity to push a bit harder and know that if it gets too hard you just get off the bike and your home!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

Indoor workouts in the summer? You know it might rain on race day.