Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Journey begins

A journey of a 1,000 miles starts with a single step, or in my case a journey of 1,963 miles begins with a single step.
Today is the day that we hit the road. Right after lunch we should be headed off to Phoenix.
Thanks for all the well wishes. It is much appreciated! You can check my progress on www.ironman.com, my bib # is 1635.
I have had a couple of days of tune ups over the last few, a 14 mile run, 20 mile ride, and today I did a quick 1,000 metre swim in just under 20 minutes to rid myself of some nervous energy. I'm not sure if I will be able to post while I am away but if the opportunity presents itself I will provide an update.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Love2Run said...

Have a safe journey!

Becky H said...

Good Luck Garry, happy racing, have fun, you've earned it!!