Saturday, April 19, 2008

Supplementary Post - Recovery

The race recovery has gone well considering we hopped in the truck on Monday after the race and drove 14 hours to about 120 miles north of Salt Lake City. Then the next day we completed the journey and arrived home at 12:45 a.m. Only ill effects were some swollen ankles.
Wednesday I was back to work and Thursday I swam 1,500 metres and did an easy 30 minute run. Legs feel awesome! Yesterday I did another 1,650 metres in the pool and a 33 minute run last night.
Also I signed up for the Sylvan Lake 1/2 Iron Man in July. That was a great race last year and I was just out of the age group prizes. So I will take another shot at that.
Overall though, I am feeling great with the exception of the peeling skin from the wicked sunburn!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: