Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

It has been a nice quiet long weekend. We had no plans to do anything and have just relaxed around the ranch and completed a few chores. The weather has been okay, but not great. There are just enough threatening clouds to make you want to stick around home and not wander too far.
Last night our realtor called and asked if we could be ready for a showing this morning at 10:00 AM. With Francesca off camping for the holiday weekend, this is a doable task as we don't have to worry about rousting her early and trying to get her out of the bathroom in less than an hour. So we agreed and put the place in "show" condition within a couple of hours. Then it was off to town to kill some time while the realtor did his thing.
By the time we got home, my enthusiasm for a long bike ride had waned and I decided on the trainer. As mentioned earlier the weather couldn't quite seem to decide what it wanted to do, and I don't like getting wet on the bike, so the trainer it was.
Today's ride was just over an hour and a touch over 22 miles according to the cycle computer. My legs have been heavy all week and I haven't had much endurance on the bike. Up until today all my rides this week had been less than an hour.
However my running legs have been somewhat better and I cruised through an easy 10 miler yesterday. With no training plan to follow my workouts last week were haphazard at best. I managed to get in 3 swims, 3 bike rides and 5 runs so it was still a solid week over all.
But I am finished with recovery now and I want to get back to following a plan so that is my mission next week! I have been toying with the idea of getting some on-line coaching for Coeur d'Alene. I think I need someone to push me to cycle more and I am not sure I can do it alone. The runner inside of me will always run when given the choice and fears losing conditioning by cycling too much. I know that is not true, but I have been a runner for all my life and only been at this triathlon thing for a few years, so I still have this inherent fear. Maybe somebody pushing me would help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I haven't put any pictures up in awhile so here is one of my in-laws with their grand kids. The two big ones are mine!

Have a great day!

No comments: