Monday, June 23, 2008

Goin' Back For More!


You would have thought I was trying to get tickets to a Beatles Reunion concert today as I set myself up to get into Ironman Coeur d’Alene 2009. The on-line entry process opened at 1:00 PM MDT, so I started trying around 12:45 PM. I would get so far into the process and then it would tell me that the site was too busy at the moment. It made me wonder how is it possible that there are so many people willing to spend $500 to inflict a world of hurt on themselves. Apparently a lot more than I thought as it wasn’t until 1:20 PM or so before I finally was able to get in to complete the registration and lay my money down for Ironman CDA. Yahoo! I am excited.
I did this race in 2007 as my first IM and it was a fantastic venue and it was everything I had hoped it would be. So I am anxious to go back and take another crack at this course. The experience of having done it before will help as will the fact that I have two successful completions under my belt.
The timing of this race is a little bit better than IMAZ was since there is potential for a little more outdoor training. With IMAZ in April I had exactly 0 miles of road riding since the previous October. That wasn’t totally a bad thing though, as I think my cycling improvements came from the 3 hour plus sessions on the trainer with Coach Troy nattering in my ear, “Knees in on the top tube, upper body perfectly still, push down and pull up”.
I really hope Angela can come this time as Coeur d’Alene is just a gorgeous community and the people are really into this race. The bike course is a little more exciting than Arizona, and a little more technical.
So here I go again......

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Dude--I'll be seeing you at CDA '09! Like you, I felt like I was trying to win a call-in contest. I just kept hitting "refresh" until I finally got into the Registration site. Can't wait to share our training along the way!