Monday, June 23, 2008

Interrupted

Last week was not a banner week for my training as my schedule was continually being interrupted.
I am a creature of habit and this is especially true when it comes to my training schedule. My body expects to be tortured at certain times during the day and when those times get missed I get cranky. With all our "corporate" visitors last week, my lunchtime workouts and after work activities had to be postponed, rescheduled or missed. Since an Ironman athlete with finishing times in the 13 hour range doesn't bring home many pay cheques from the races, I have to kind of stick with this management gig for right now. So when duty calls I have to be there.
Having said that I still finished the week with about 7 hours of training and there were some good quality swims and bike rides in those numbers. My running is okay right now, but I am still struggling with the feet and the Achilles. Sometimes I think I have it and then it seems to come back just enough to be annoying. I can still run, and maybe that is the problem, but it is always present. The stretching definitely helps, but I need to get this behind me before my next race.
The weekend was busy with our daughter's 20th birthday celebration. And boy does she celebrate! We had a house full on Friday night for a party and then Saturday night they had a camp out. It was nice to have a quiet house yesterday. However not much got done other than a 30 mile bike ride. The rest of the day was spent getting new music and reading my Eric Clapton autobiography.
This week I will pick up the pieces and get my workouts back in order. Also today I am going to try and register on-line for Couer d'Alene. I would really like to get into that one for next year.

Have a great day!

No comments: