Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Now that is more like it!

After a less than stellar week of training last week, things have started off much better so far this week.
Sunday was 1:30 ride - big gears and pretty high intensity.
Monday - 45:00 - 2,050 metre swim - main set consisted of 2 x 200m on 3:50 2 x 100m on 2:00 1 x 200m on 3:50 2 x 100m on 2:00 and a final 2 x 200m on 3:50. The afternoon run was an easy one on the back trails 6.5 miles in 47:00.
Tuesday - Tempo run at lunch 6.25 miles in 40 minutes and then the evening ride was another 1:30 focusing on keeping a relatively high cadence (above 90 RPM).
The rest of the week is looking quiet from a work standpoint, so I should be able to meet my training plan. With Sylvan Lake 5 weeks away I want to get a couple of really solid weeks under my belt.
Now that I am signed up for Ironman CDA, I will start thinking about some goals for that race as well as what kind of training plan I will adopt. To be quite honest, I don't know that I will make a lot of changes to what I did for IMAZ. That plan brought me to the starting line in great shape and despite not meeting my goal time, I think my training really helped me endure the elements that day.
Have a great day!

No comments: