Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sorry no charts or graphs!

Unlike someone else, I am unable to provide you with any charts, graphs, or statistical analysis of my training in 2008. I'm not even sure I can accurately provide you with any information of what I did last year. My training logs are half-assed at best with large holes where I have either forgot or didn't bother to log anything. Years ago I was quite diligent about the whole thing, but in recent years I really haven't been too interested in keeping up with the details. I know I should, and right about now I should be saying that is my resolution for 2009. But I don't do resolutions either so it probably isn't going to happen.
The last couple of days have been sort of test workouts as I begin my training for my next assault on the Ironman distance. I have done a couple of short brick workouts and those have went well. My legs are really feeling quite strong and the transition from bike to run has been really smooth.
On the running front I continue to feel good and log moderate miles. The cold weather has kept me mostly inside but last Saturday I was able to run in the sun and did a brisk 8.6 miles in 1:00.
Then there were a couple of swims which were kind of lame. The pool has been full of kids lately which has made it difficult to do any sort of workout. With the Christmas break, parents feel that they should bring their kids to the lunch time lap swim. So you end up with a hodge podge of people swimming with no purpose or direction. I usually end up getting frustrated and rather than drowning someone's child, I have opted to bail on the swim after about 1,200 metres. Drowning other people's children carries heavy penalties in Canada.
To finish off 2008 I ran a nice 13.25 miles in 1:32 yesterday. I really had no intention of going that far or fast, but I had a great playlist that really motivated me.
So with that, on we charge into 2009! Today was a 26 mile bike ride followed by 3.5 miles of running. Everything feels good and now I am getting prepared to have a 'nog and rum and start cooking supper!
All the best to everyone in 2009. I hope you achieve all your personal goals and that your lives are filled with peace, happiness and prosperity!
Have a great New Year!

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

No charts and graphs! And you an accountant?? I'm sooo disappointed but will survive. All the best in 2009!

Grellan said...

Happy new year Garry. You don't need charts to know how you're doing.

All the best with your training for Couer D'Alene.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I'm with you...no charts or graphs for me! Way too complicated!!! It takes the fun out of training:-) CDA, here we come!!