Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter blahs already?

Workouts this week have been a real struggle. My heart just hasn't been in it. Friday was an off day and then yesterday again I was just too beat to do anything. Today I managed to force myself onto the treadmill after I ran out of excuses and went through a meagre 47:00 minutes. The weather was nice enough to go outside but I didn't want to. If a winter slump is to be had, now is probably as good a time as any to get through it.
Things should be better this week. The pool will be opening tomorrow and I am certainly excited about that. I'll have to be careful to not try and rush myself back to where I was before the pool went down as it has been almost three months. This first week will be all about getting the feel of the water and concentrating on balance and technique. Actually that will probably be the best part of the month. Then I can start working on distance and speed...., well, we won't worry too much about speed.
Hopefully next week will be better. The weather is warming up so I should be able to drag my sorry butt out the door for a few runs. Also I am expecting my Spinerval dvds which will help to alleviate some of the boredom of riding indoors.
Have a great day!

No comments: