Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter Visitors


This is a common site in our back yard all year round. However, it is a little more common in the winter as they come in to clean up the browse in the flower beds. This little guy was right up by our living room window and his mom was off in the bush a bit. Another reason why I love living out here.
Today was a great day as the swimming pool re-opened. I was at the doors right at 11:30 a.m. this morning and was first in. They have done a great job in revitalizing the whole place with a fresh coat of paint and a good cleaning. I was a bit apprehensive about how I would feel as it has been over 3 months without a single stroke. But, once I got in the water I felt comfortable and started off with an easy 300 metres concentrating on balance and form. After that I did 1,200 metre ladder and finished off with a 300 metre cool down. Felt great, although the time was slow, 43 minutes. Still I am quite happy with that.
After work I did a 19 mile ride on the bike and jumped off and did a quick 4.3 miles on the treadmill. Overall I felt good and my run was quite strong.
So today looks like this:

Swim 1,800 metres 43:00 minutes
Biked 19.17 miles 57:00 minutes
Run 4.3 miles 30:00 minutes

Great way to start the week!

No comments: