Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting into the "Flow"







Well, it is all together and I finally got to give the new trainer a whirl last night. I think I am really going to like this new gadget although it took awhile to figure out what it was telling me. Also took a few false starts to get the brake calibrated, but now everything seems to be working fine. With all the fiddling around I managed a 48 minute ride or just over 13 miles. Then it was off for a quick 30 minute run to stretch out the legs. These new orthodics are working wonderfully. They are not custom made, but off the shelf from an orthodics store and have eliminated the pain instantly. This weekend I am hoping I will be able to get a long run in and see how that works.




Yesterday also included a 2,400 metre swim. Pool was packed! I have a new strategy this year. When my lane fills up beyond three and we have to do the pattern swimming I push the pace and so far people seem to get tired of me constantly on their heels and they leave. Cruel but effective! It's also good for me as I am essentially a lazy swimmer and will fall into what ever pace is presented.




So for a week that looked like it was going to be hard to make the 10 hours and 20 minutes on the schedule I am just about at 7 hours with two days in the week left. By the way, Wednesday's workout was a 50 minute recovery run on the treadmill. Logged about 7 miles and listened to my new Andy McKee CD.




I have included some pictures of the new trainer as well as a picture of my competition bike. This bike doesn't get put on the trainer and only has about 600 miles on it. I won't ride this until Arizona unless we have an unseasonably warm spring, which is not likely.




Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

Just cruising along aren't you? It's a shame you won't get to practice much outdoors on the new bike.