Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Good Weekend


It has been a nice, relaxing weekend.
After a hectic week at work, it was nice to chill and get some good quality workouts in.
The weather has taken a turn for the colder with today being a bright, but frigid -20 C. Good thing that today was a long bike ride on the trainer. I'm not very good about heading out in the cold anymore.
The ride today was just over 2 hours with a lot of focus on endurance. Pushing some bigger gears on the bike as well as some higher resistance on the trainer. I ended up with just over 32 miles, but more importantly is the time. Quite frankly, I was not feeling fatigued at all, and this follows a relatively hard effort yesterday. I did 13.5 miles in 1 hour 40 minutes and some odd seconds. Never really felt like I was pushing it at all. Just strong and smooth.
The weekend runs will get longer, to probably just over 2 hours. And of course the rides will as well.
I will be taking a little break in February when we take a quick week of vacation in Florida. I should be able to keep up some running, but I am not too worried about the lost time. The week of rest will be very beneficial at about that time.
Hope every one else had a great weekend!

No comments: