Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Into every life a little snow must fall


Well as you can see from the picture, we finally got some snow. This dump came all in the matter of about one hour, between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Monday night. I guess it cleans things up a bit, but I was fine with no snow.
It has made for some slippery conditions but it has started to melt already.
Monday's workout was a 2,300 metre swim in a very crowded pool. I guess the upside was that I pushed the pace pretty hard the whole time, which is highly unusual for me. The evening was a short 35:00 minute run on the treadmill as the snow was really coming down at that point. Ended up with 5 miles even.
Yesterday I ran at lunch as I try and get back on my regular schedule. It was -10 C and sunny at 11:45 when I headed out. I ran up the big hill out of the valley and stayed on the road all the way up to the Cache Percotte Forest Road. The footing wasn't bad but that is a nasty, long hill. Ran a total of 6.2 miles, 45:05, average HR of 130 with a max of 141. Good run for that route.
Last night was a 1:30 ride on the bike. With this new trainer I am able to adjust the resistance and that has slowed me down, but I am getting a more realistic ride. I was riding to the Tucson Gate's Pass DVD which is an aerobic / tempo ride. The legs felt it after that!
The Achilles is much better as I have been really working it over with my Trigger Point massager. That thing really works! I just have to remember to do it a couple of times a day.
Have a great day!

No comments: